The general objective of this project is to reduce binge drinking and its negative consequences, through restricting the availability of alcohol in different drinking environments.
To do so, the project will focus on developing, piloting and evaluating an intervention model for four drinking-environments, present in all European countries, including:
- Licenced premises in nightlife
- Licenced premises on events
- Public hot spots in streets, parks and beaches (botellon drinking)
- Home drinking and pre-loading
Project specific objectives are:
- To develop seven tailor-made interventions (one in each participating country) to restrict the availability of alcohol in different environments based on four intervention models (one per drinking environment)
- To implement the seven interventions in the seven pilot regions
- To conduct a process and outcome evaluation both on development and implementation of the seven interventions
- To develop a digital manual including the four intervention models and the implementation strategies developed to restrict the availability of alcohol in nightlife settings.
- To disseminate the gathered knowledge among all EU member state countries.