The primary objective of this project is to reduce binge drinking and its negative consequences, through restricting the availability of alcohol in different drinking environments.
To achieve this, the project will develop, pilot and evaluate an intervention model for four drinking environments:
- Licensed premises in nightlife
- Licensed premises at festivals
- Public hot spots such as streets, parks and beaches (botellon drinking)
- Home drinking, including preloading prior to a night out
Project specific objectives are:
- To conduct a process and outcome evaluation both on the development and implementation of the seven interventions