The main deliverable of the project is the SiE intervention manual, suitable as a guide for developing interventions to reduce the availability of alcohol in order to tackle youngsters heavy episodic drinking.
The manual includes practical frameworks for presentations on the approach that could be used in the community and ready-to-use communication materials. Due to the differences in contextual factors between countries in, for instance, Northern, Southern, or Eastern regions of Europe, this guide includes region specific tips for implementation in different settings. This information has been gathered during the development and implementation of a pilot model in seven EU Member State countries. The model should allow for a seamless match in a local community.
- STAD in Europe: background and aims
- How to start working with the STAD approach?
- Needs assessment: the first step towards a successful implementation
- Partnership formation and community mobilization
- Training for responsible beverage service
- Control measures and enforcement
- Monitoring and evaluation